- Scent: A warm, rich aroma from pure essential oils including: Amber, Cypress, and Tangerine.
- Use: As reminder that we are accepted by Him, not rejected and abandoned, but cherished and adored; and also as a reminder that we should treat each other as the loving, supportive, accepting family He’s called us to be.
The scriptures that go with this anointing oil are:
Romans 8:14-16 (VOICE) If the Spirit of God is leading you, then take comfort in knowing you are His children. You see, you have not received a spirit that returns you to slavery, so you have nothing to fear. The Spirit you have received adopts you and welcomes you into God’s own family. That’s why we call out to Him, “Abba! Father!” as we would address a loving daddy. Through that prayer, God’s Spirit confirms in our spirits that we are His children.
Category: Favored Covenant oil (Category determines price – more info on the Frequently Asked Questions page)
In Jewish culture, there is a step that happens where you mature and move into the fullness of adulthood; you are accepted into maturity. In the same way, you choose to become part of God’s family and He receives you, accepts you wholeheartedly. No longer shamed, alone, or rejected, but a son and heir of the Father. Belonging, adopted, cherished – accepted in the Beloved.
In the same way, we’re called to love and accept our brothers and sisters in Christ. To bear with one another in love (Ephesians 4:2). We can and should choose to cultivate that nurturing culture, following Christ’s example by humbly supporting, encouraging, and (above all) loving. The scent of this oil was intended to capture that warm, comforting feeling that being adopted by the Father should give you. The meanings behind the essential oils in this blend also capture things that a good family should represent and that the family of God – at their best – should look like.
- Amber: mellow, warm, gentle, lingering, invigorating, luxurious, smooth, and uplifting.
- Cypress: ageless, cleansing, freeing, strengthening those who are struggling, everlasting, resilient, in harmony, encouraging, and life-giving.
- Tangerine: inspiring, balancing, refreshing, and strengthening.
Father began to stir Meghan‘s heart about a new silk (called Spirit of Adoption) and a new oil to go with it during a message by John Kramer at a Gateway:61 service. When she submitted the idea to Carol, it bore witness to her, and Accepted in the Beloved was born.